Friends of Gino Borgioli for City Council 2020
Thank you for visiting my campaign website
My hope is that you will click through all of the tabs and get to know me, my background, my experiences, my family and my friends. Running a campaign is not new to me, as many of you know, but it takes a great deal of time and effort and especially support from family, friends and neighbors. I am running for District A City Council seat. District A is one of four council districts, a small quardrant on the west side of Morgan Hill starting from around Watsonville Road areas and goes straight North to downtown Morgan Hill. A couple of years ago Morgan Hill was broken up into four Districts and what I call the Paradise and surrounding areas are District A.
This years election will be pivotal in that I am running against an incumbent who has held that spot for at least 20 years. So the questions before you as a District A Voter are:
- Are you better off now than when you moved here, for me, absoluetly NOT
- Do you object to the lack of transparency from City Hall when information about major development projects is lacking your input
- How about the conditions of the roads, and the ever-increasing traffic congestion
- Are you concerned about the increasing property crime in your neighborhood
- Are you worried about the potential impact of the massive buildings called distribution centers that will further erode the essence of our once-peaceful community
- Are you happy with the what I call hap-hazard building of housing and apartment buildings
- How satisfied are you with the status quo at the City Council
In my opinion, these are some of the most concerning changes in Morgan Hill during the past 20 years. It’s time for a change before even further damage is done to our beautiful city. Your voice must be heard!
Some of the questions for Morgan Hill’s future are:
- How sustainable are city functions like Police and Fire
- How will our roads be repaired and water and utility sustain the impact of all this housing
- Now that the city is headed into a finacial calamity (20MM) because the city, even before COVID, was running into the red financially, what is their plan
- There will be challenging times ahead, for sure, but how will your voice be heard
- Will that City Council person have the experience, knowledge and BOLD LEADERSHIP capabilities to challenge the status quo
These are the key questions you need to ask yourself when voting for District A City Council. In several of the tabs above I will further outline the Issues and give you details about my background, experience and knowledge. I will make promises to you and I will keep my promises. Every promise I made to the voters in my previous elected position I kept, every promise!
So I ask that you look at and compare what type of person you would like to represent you in your District. A person with a solid track record of success or a person that for the past 20 years has went along with and aligned himself with what I call the old guard.
Bold Leadership is needed, so please strongly consider voting for Gino Borgioli on November 3, 2020, I will be your voice and restore ‘We The People’ at the city level.
My Promises to you the voters:
- I will represent all of District A, not just the downtown area but all neighborhoods of District A
- People feel there’s no transparency in our city and no one listens, I want you to know I will be your advocate at city hall.
- I certainly support the downtown business opening up safely as soon as possible but at the same time we must address the people’s concerns about the crushing traffic, increased reports of property crime and the deterioration of our roads.
- I promise to bring a stronger alliance with our school district.
- I won’t let projects like the Trammell Crow massive distribution center get passed without the support of the voters.
- I won’t vote for a massive Bond measures that we would be paying for 30 years.
- Promises made promises kept, look at my track record.